Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Layout - my favourite vacation

Hi everyone!

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything on my blog! Lots has happened! Some I can reveal, and some I need to wait a bit before I can spill the beans :)  (hint: notice anything different on my blog? maybe over <--------------??)

It's been a bad few days weather-wise here, lots of rain and local flooding, particularly in the next town over where The Man works.  It knocked out our internet services on Sunday, and we only really got them back last night.  Some roads are still closed, and weather reports predict that the rain will return at the end of the week.  So it's going to be a wet February! I'm also trying to clean out my scrap room, and boy it is a BIG job (where on earth did all this stuff come from, and why can't I find anything??? LOL)

The Boy's birthday was on Sunday, and I have to share some piccies of his cake - I'm a bit proud of myself, particularly as I HATE cooking and baking and anything to do with it!  I'm not good at it, I don't enjoy it, but I make a special effort every year for The Boy's birthday to make a special cake.  I'll share that in another post soon.

Today I have a layout to share with you.  This is another one for The Boy's Hearing Scrapbook, as it was one of the adventures we had while we were in Sydney for his Cochlear Implant surgery.  This particular day we spent at a Railway Museum in Thirlmere, and took a ride on one of the trains.  The train was double ended - the drivers switched to the back controls to travel back to the station rather than turn around.  It was a bit of a rough ride, and left me feeling a tad nauseated but the boys had a ball!  It was a special day, and included meeting a man who also had a CI who was very friendly and showed The Boy his "cool gear" and shook his hand.  So uplifting at a time when we needed the reassurance most!

The journalling card and one of the tickets is included in the layout in a library pocket style holder. 


Scrapbook recipe:
Paper/cardstock: Oh Boy! (Kaisercraft), offcuts of Bazzill
Chipboard: heart, honeycomb
Stamp set: Off the grid (SU!)
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede (SU!)
Other: Big Shot, spots embossing folder, wood veneer (Studio Calico), canvas phrase, library pocket (Paper Fields, free in magazine), bottle cap, white pen, eyelets, brads, thickers

Challenges
Scrap Our Stash: #23 WASHI (W = wood veneer, A = alphas, S = spots, H = honeycomb/hexagons, I = ink)
Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge:  ATG
Stuck?!: February 1 sketch

I hope you are enjoying yourself, and finding time to create! 


15 comments:

  1. Great layout and wonderful job with the Stash Challenge! Love how you got creative with some of the required items. Thank you for linking up with Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge items. Love the colors and the touch with wood veneer. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thisis such a fantastic page and what a great memory to add to his album! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a fun day and a gorgeous page to remember it by. Love the colours you have used , the layering and the journal and tickets in the pocket. Thank you for joining in at AFSC and hope you join us again
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layering. Great masculine layout! Great memories! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the layout, especially the "spots" and the hexagons! Love everything that documents a CI journey; hope this happens to us sometime! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool layout! Love the masking and distressing! Well done with the stash challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren - this is an AWESOME layout!!! Loving the design, and LOVING the library pocket - I have to use my diecut for that more often!!!! Was proud that I had for a few valentine's cards this year - but now you've inspired me to use it more. Thanks so much for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - hope to see you here again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page, love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! and Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome layout! thanks for playing with Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stenciling and layering!! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful take on the WASHI challenge. Love that background work. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. Thanks for joining the Scrap Our Stash Challenge!

    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash Design Team

    ReplyDelete