Sunday, April 29, 2018

Layout - who am I?

The challenge this month at Scrap The Girls is "Who am I?" - a question that made me stop and think.  My life has changed so dramatically since last April, with long internal discussions about what direction my life should go in following a redundancy.  Who am I? What do I want to do in life? What is important to me?

So this challenge spoke to me on a few different levels.  I'm now working in a role I find both challenging and fulfilling, and refocusing on my own personal goals which fell by the wayside last year.

BUT the problem was - there are simply no photos of me to be found! Sure, there are my wedding photos, and quite a few selfies with either hubby, or our son (or both), but very very few of just me.  I'll have to remedy that!  Ask hubby to take a few snaps (he'll need some lessons LOL) and document my life rather than just everyone else's.

I found this photo of (just) me from my uni graduation - so very long ago it seems!  I never ended up working in that profession for one reason or another (and deep down I knew I never would), but I like to think of that part of my life as a big learning phase (not just academically, but of life) and a time of change.  I started that course straight out of school, living at home.  I finished as a married woman, with a toddler and of course living with my own little family.  Older and definitely wiser.

Who am I?  Professionally, I am a chameleon.  All of my jobs have been so different from each other, but I have worked hard to evolve and grow in each role.  Personally, I am a rock.  Steadfast and loyal, with all the time in the world for those that I love.  I am creative.  I am an achiever.  I am a warrior.  I am a peacemaker.  I am a wife.  I am a mother.  I am a know-it-all.  I am a lifelong learner.  I am ME.


Layout recipe:
Papers: Ooh La La! (Kaisercraft)
Die: "document" (Heidi Swapp)
Techniques: Fussy cutting, tearing and distressing, die cutting, ephemera layering

Challenge entered:
Scrap the girls: Who am I? 

Who are you?  It's not too late to enter the challenge, but be quick as entries close 30 April.


Much love,
OMM xox

4 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful layout. I'm so glad the theme helped you look into yourself, learn something about yourself and document it. Definitely get some pics of yourself. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is a truly beautiful layout!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning LO - thanks for sharing your story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely layout! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete